Mean Green Mowers are pleased to be able to offer Michelin’s X Tweel SSL airless tyre and wheel combination wand showcased the product at this years Saltex show at the NEC.
Tweel Airless Tyres from Michelin have been available in North America for several years and been successfully used for mowing, agricultural and industrial applications. The non-pneumatic tyre and wheel is available in two options
- All Terrain (AT), which features a deep, open tread for off-road applications and use on varying surfaces. As seen in the image
- Hard Surface Traction (HST), which features a smooth tread providing a 100 per cent contact patch, for frequent use on hard surfaces such as asphalt or concrete.
- The AT version is expected to be the most popular for the Mean Green Mower range of Commercial Electric mowers
Richard Overton Commented on the Tweel Airless Tyre
Commenting on the product, Richard Overton Managing Director for Overton (UK) Ltd and Mean Green Mowers said: “We are very excited to be featuring the Michelin X Tweel Airless Tyre as an option for our Mean Green range of commercial electric mowers. This is now a proven product that has transformed the way skid steer tyres are specified across North America. Its great that Mean Green Mowers can introduce it into the UK market where commercial contractors, landscapers, councils will be able to capitalise on the Tweel’s excellent performance – and without any risk of a flat tyre.”
Performs like a pneumatic tyre
The Tweel Airless Tyre performs like a pneumatic tyre, but without the risk and costly downtime associated with punctures, penetrations or damage through impact. Productivity can be increased because of its outstanding stability which enables a mower to work rapidly with more comfort for the operator, which additionally reduces driver fatigue.
Over the last couple of years the Tweel Airless Tyre has delivered a number of benefits
- A consistent footprint with strong wear life
- Reduced maintenance involved,
- as the fitment is easy to mount
- doesn’t require air pressure checks.
- Its deep open tread is designed for easy cleaning and excellent traction,
- A buried layer of under tread allows the core to be repeatedly retreaded.
- High strength, poly-resin spokes provide
- high carrying capacity,
- reduced vibrations,
- absorb impacts
- prolong the product’s working life
Find Out More
For more information on the Tweel Airless Tyre call 01522 690011 or email email@example.com. To see the range of Mean Green Mowers click here and to see other products provided by Overton (UK) Ltd click here